Filtrasand continuous sand filter
The filter is fitted with a system which uniformly distributes the raw feed water at the base of the sandy filter bed via ring-type distributor.
The water passes through the bed of sand flowing from the bottom to the top and exits filtered via an open-sided orifice at the surface. At the same time the dirty sand is removed from the filter bed by means of an air pump, which draws it off from the bottom and rises to the top of the filter.
Here it is introduced into a washing chamber (washer) where the impurities are separated from the sand. In the washer the sand is cleaned by a flow of raw water moving counter-current with respect to the motion under gravity of the sand itself. The washed sand falls back onto the top of the filter bed.
The dirty wash water leaves the filter in a continuous flux via a separate drain.
Sand filters FS
- Unique continuous back-washing system which uses raw water rather than filtered water
- High efficiency and reliability in the removal of suspended solids, even colloidal particles
- Ease of maintenance thanks to the simple and reliable external sand air-lift system
- Ease of installation
- Possibility of gravity feed thanks to very low (operating) pressure drops
- Low capital and operating costs
- All wetted parts are made of 304 stainless steel.
- Special construction materials are available upon request.
Sectors of application
- Surface water clarification
- Treatment of drinking water
- Primary filtration in municipal/industrial WWTP
- Tertiary treatment in municipal/industrial WWTP
- Metallurgical industry cooling water treatment
- Algae removal
- Pre-treatment for membrane ultra-filtration plants
- Pre-treatment for ozonisation treatment plants
- Final treatment upstream of active carbon systems.
|TYPE||FILTER HEIGHT + FOOT BRIDGE||DIAMETER||NET FILTRATION AREA||FILTERING BED HEIGHT|
|FS 1,5/1||3,88 + 1,10||1,40||1,54||1,00|
|FS 3/1||4,70 + 1,10||2,00||3,14||1,00|
|FS 3/1,5||5,20 + 1,10||2,00||3,14||1,50|
|FS 3/2||5,70 + 1,10||2,00||3,14||2,00|
|FS 5/1||5,55 + 1,10||2,50||4,90||1,00|
|FS 5/1,5||6,05 + 1,10||2,50||4,90||1,50|
|FS 5/2||6,55 + 1,10||2,50||4,90||2,00|
|FS 6/1||5,50 + 1,10||2,80||6,15||1,00|
|FS 6/1,5||6,00 + 1,10||2,80||6,15||1,50|